Friday, January 24, 2014

Who You Callin' Silly? How a Silly Woman Becomes Virtuous by Kimberly R. Lock



Who You Callin' Silly? How a Silly Woman Becomes Virtuous by Kimberly R. Lock

If you would like to read the full description of this book, please click HERE.

This book has three parts. The first part is for single ladies, the second part is for married ladies and the third part is for all women. I found that to be a great set up. As a single mom, I hate reading about marriage and how wonderful it is and how to raise kids together. I will be honest here, I did NOT read the marriage section of this book but I did read the rest of it. I enjoyed all of the stories and I was intrigued by the single ladies section.

She speaks of moving on from past mistakes, keeping yourself clean (eating properly, no alcohol, ect.). There is a small part about children and most importantly,how to love yourself. She mentions that we live in our own reality and I loved that. That is one of the things that I realized a few months back. I am not like my family, I am not like my friends. I have my own story and live a life different from theirs, it is MY reality and that helps me not get down when I think about my son not having a dad, or getting child support, being behind on bills, ect. This is our reality and with God, we will make it far in this world but first, I must stop comparing my life to those around me!

Each chapter of this book has assessment questions that really make you think. There are also Bible passages mixed throughout with her stories. I found it to be pretty well rounded and easy to read and relate to.

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment