Sunday, January 24, 2016

Playing with Fire Kate Meader



Playing with Fire Kate Meader

Description:
As the only female firefighter at Engine Co. 6, Alexandra Dempsey gets it from all sides: the male coworkers who think she can’t do the job, the wives and girlfriends who see her as a threat to their firefighter men, and her overprotective foster brothers who want to shelter their baby sister at all costs. So when she single-handedly saves the life of Eli Cooper, Chicago’s devastatingly handsome mayor, she assumes the respect she’s longed for will finally come her way. But it seems Mr. Mayor has other ideas…

Eli Cooper’s mayoral ratings are plummeting, his chances at reelection dead in the water. When a sexy, curvaceous firefighter gives him the kiss of life, she does more than bring him back to the land of the living—she also breathes vitality into his campaign. Riding the wave of their feel-good story might prop up Eli’s flagging political fortunes, but the sizzling attraction between them can go nowhere; he’s her boss, and there are rules that must be obeyed. But you know what they say about rules: they’re made to be broken.

My thoughts:
There is something really great about a female firefighter saving a cocky man. I loved the story line here. Alexandra has some serious spunk and humor. Surrounded by so many guys all the time, she has to stand up for herself and fight hard!

Watching the relationship grow between Eli and Alexandra was fascinating. I laughed and I cried. There were points that I forgot I was reading, and felt like this was really happening. To me, that shows some amazing writing skills!

I did enjoy reading this book all the way through. I hope there are many more! Kate Meader is a great author and I can not wait to read more of her books.

***This book was given to me by the author in exchange for an open and honest review***

1 comment:

  1. its not the usual genre i read but i might try this!!

    ReplyDelete