Friday, July 11, 2014

Down Outback Roads by Alissa Callen



Down Outback Roads by Alissa Callen

Description from the publisher:

An enthralling rural love story. Sometimes you need to give yourself permission to fall in love.Kree Garrett's younger brother Seth is all the family she has left, so when he goes missing in the Australian outback, she doesn't think twice about leaving her American home to find him. When Seth is rescued Kree vows to find a way to thank the small town of Glenalla. It isn't long before she falls in love with the tight-knit rural community. But is it really the town she's falling for?Ewan Mackenzie has given up everything for his brother's family, but he can never give enough to assuage his guilt at what happened one dark night, years ago . . . Ewan knows he doesn't deserve a second chance at happiness, but when beautiful, open-hearted Kree stays to fight to save his home town, he finds it hard to keep his distance. Can Kree and Ewan leave their pasts behind for long enough to find a future together?

Kree went through so many emotions with the scare of losing her brother and  I could really feel every one of them. The author did an excellent job getting those emotions through to the reader. Ewan was not my favorite person at the beginning but I really liked him by the end. As I was reading this book, I forgot that I was reading, I felt like I was there with them  watching them go through the struggles that they each faced. All of us have skeletons in our closet, whether we admit it or not, and they were no different. As they shared their stories, they got closer.

I personally loved that Kree felt like she had to do something to thank the town for finding her brother. I also love that she fell in love with the town. I am actually a little jealous because I want to move there!!!

This was a great and fun read and was hard to put down. I recommend this book to you all!

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment