Monday, September 29, 2014

Before He Was Gone by Becky Wicks



Before He Was Gone by Becky Wicks

Description from the publisher:

When her rock star boyfriend breaks things off out of the blue, Alyssa applies to hit reality TV show Deserted and to her shock she gets through. Abandoned on a remote island with a bunch of strangers and none of the luxuries she’s become accustomed to, it’s not long before an undeniable attraction to the mysterious Joshua starts complicating things even further.
Joshua's different to everyone she's ever known - a traveler, a man with no plan, a world away from the celebrity life she's left behind. As a series of challenges test their wits and weaknesses, things start heating up in paradise, but in a game designed to break people down, it soon becomes clear that Joshua is hiding a painful secret - one he won’t risk anyone finding out.
Struggling to know where she belongs, Alyssa will have to choose - a life she once loved that wants her back, or a brand new reality that heart breakingly may just have its limits.
This book was different. I did not like the way it was written. It bounced back and forth between Alyssa and Joshua. It took about four chapters for me to finally figure out what the heck was going on! That being said, about halfway through it got interesting and I enjoyed it. About 3/4 of the way through I could not put it down. I was glad that I pushed through the first half because I really did enjoy the second half of this book.

I really liked the story line. The characters were great and some of the lines were hysterical. I just was not personally fond of the writing style.

If you have read  this book, please let me know your thoughts!

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment