Friday, October 11, 2013

Once A Seal by Anne Elizabeth



Once A Seal by Anne Elizabeth

Description from the publisher:
"Every woman dreams of marrying the perfect man-handsome, thoughtful, strong, and sensitive -and Aria Kavanagh believes she's found the ultimate hero in Chief Petty Officer Daniel McCullum. But being a U.S. Navy SEAL wife is a serious challenge, especially when the missions are putting more than their love in the line of fire. Can they jump the hurdles and handle the daily rigors without falling apart? Or will the pressures attached to the handsome uniform have them both questioning if their dedication is worth it? Every moment matters when the only thing that truly lasts is love."

I personally have mixed feelings about this book. I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but it was kinda boring. I kept waiting for some kind of excitement or drama or something big and it never really came. There was some drama but none of it was earth shattering, made me gasp or shock me. It did not really feel like a Romance book either. I am not really sure why. 

Now, don't get me wrong, it is a cute book and would be great to curl up on the couch on a rainy day and read it. I did enjoy the story line, I simply wish there was a little more. I enjoyed the writing style and the cover was very catchy to me. The characters were easy to believe and I felt like I was there with them. 

I also enjoyed reading about the life of a SEAL. That part was fascinating! I love how the wives all came together and made a tight group! Any military wife NEEDS that so I was happy to read about it.

I encourage you to read this book and please take a moment to stop by and tell me what you thought about it!

***This book was given to me in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment