Monday, October 7, 2013

Sweet Olive by Judy Christie



Sweet Olive by Judy Christie

Landman.....errr....uh......woman, Camille Gardner finds herself in Louisiana trying to convince landowners to sell their mineral and water rights to the oil and gas company she works for. While there she finds the town to be full of compassionate artists who are not willing to sell at all and a gorgeous attorney, Marsh who is there to protect the town from her.

I  personally thought this was a really cute book. It was not really mind stimulating in any way, no big mystery or anything to think about but it was fun and cute. I was able to read this book and unwind from the day and I really appreciated that.

I found the characters to be believable and I could really sympathize with all of them, even the mean and nasty characters had me wanting to help them. That to me, says that it was written very well. There were times that I felt bad for the characters, other times I was cheering them on. Parts made me want to cry and parts made me laugh. In other words, it was well rounded.

There were things that happened (I will not tell you what) that really caught me off guard. I did not even see some of it coming! There was nothing scary at all (thank you!) This book was engaging and I did not want to put it down.

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment