Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Whatever You Grow Up to Be by Karen Kingsbury



Whatever You Grow Up to Be by Karen Kingsbury

I am a fan of Karen Kingsbury's adult books but I had NO idea she writes children's book! What a pleasant surprise!!! I love that she is well rounded and could not wait to get my hands on this!

This book is absolutely adorable! This story shows a little boy and his mother imagining his future. The boy is growing up and his mother supporting every career choice that they think about. Be warned, the ending is a real tear jerker for every parent out there!

 This book was a fun rhyming book and was very easy to read. I LOVE the pictures. They are colorful and fun. This is a great quality book and is an excellent addition to my son's bookshelf! We will read it often.

One thing I liked  were the small Bible verses on almost every page that related to that particular page. It was a great addition to this book and makes it easier to talk about the Bible with your child.

Review from my six year old son, Max- "This book is so cool! I like that he was a fireman and an astronaut!"

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment