Monday, November 11, 2013

Secret Santa


Secret Santa Fern Michaels, Marie Bostwick, Laura Levine, Cindy Myers

This book is made up of 4 stories so I am going to break down my review for you. I will give you the description from the publisher and then my opinion for each story.

"Mister Christmas" by Fern Michaels
Description:
A week before Christmas, attorney Claire O'Brien is summoned to Ireland to change her wealthy client's will--only to encounter resistance from his handsome nephew. Will Claire be forced to spend the holidays up close and personal with her irresistible Irish nemesis?
Review:
I personally thought this was a cute story. It was very obvious as far as where the story was going and how it would end but that is not always a bad thing in my opinion. While I enjoyed reading this story, it was VERY unrealistic. Again, not a bad thing, just an observation.
"The Yellow Rose of Christmas" by Marie Bostwick
Description:
Though Miss Velvet Tudmore wrote off romance years ago, rumor has it she has a secret admirer. And when her surprise suitor promises to reveal himself at the annual Christmas ball in Too Much, Texas, Velvet starts to wonder: is it ever too late to find love?
Review:
This story was not my favorite but I can see how many would love it. To me, reading about a woman old enough to be my grandmother, falling in love and all that jazz was a little too much for me to handle but it was a cute story and was written very nicely.
"Nightmare on Elf Street" by Laura Levine
Description:
Aside from the mortifying costume, how bad can a gig as a mall Santa's elf be? Jaine Austen finds out when she's teamed up with the Santa from Hell. But things go from bad to worse when he's found murdered on the job--and Jaine is a suspect. Now all she wants for Christmas is to find the real killer…
Review:
I thought this was a great story. I loved the mystery! Nothing scary or gory. A perfect combination of all the important elements! There was even quite a bit of unexpected humor! Yay!!!! This was my favorite story in this book!
"Room at the Inn" by Cindy Myers
Description:
When a Rocky Mountain blizzard forces Barb and her husband to spend Christmas in a remote Colorado cabin with their fellow travelers, Barb struggles to cope--especially when her husband reveals troubling news. But sometimes a holiday shake-up is all a woman needs to discover what she's truly made of….
Review:
This is a fun story where you  can watch a woman (actually several people) transform. I enjoyed that alot. Reading about a woman making a better life for herself is always fun for me. I  love how children were used to bring the Holiday spirit to everyone!

Overall, this was a great book! A fun Christmas read! Grab a cup of hot cocoa, some Christmas cookies, sprawl out in front of the fireplace and enjoy!!!

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

1 comment:

  1. Great mini reviews! I also love the puppy on the Secret Santa cover. :)

    ReplyDelete