Wednesday, May 28, 2014

World Cup Mouse by Richard Seidman



World Cup Mouse by Richard Seidman

Description from the publisher:
"Where there's a mouse, there's a way," says Louie LaSurie. But it will take more than lofty words for Louie to achieve his goal: to be the first mouse to play for France in the World Cup soccer tournament. Can Louie do it? Find out in this fun book for 7 to 10 year-olds."

This book was full of great lessons for children, including going after your goals and never giving up. This adorable mouse faced all the odds and chased his dream even when everyone told him to give up. He showed that anyone can do anything they want and that was a great lesson for my son.

I also enjoyed the French words throughout the book as well as the French names. I thought that was a fun addition to the learning experience.

This book was too hard for my son (who is almost 7 but reading  at a 4th grade level) to read by himself so it was our bedtime book and I was able to read him a chapter every night before bed. I do believe it should be geared for children who are at least 10 years old but like I said, it was a great book for me to read to him.

Review from my six year old son-"This book is so cool cuz I really like soccer and this mouse played soccer in the World Cup!!!!!"

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment