Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Broken Kind of Beautiful by Katie Ganshert



A Broken Kind of Beautiful by Katie Ganshert

Description from the publisher:
"Fashion is a fickle industry, a frightening fact for twenty-four-year-old model Ivy Clark. Ten years in and she's learned a sacred truth -- appearance is everything. Nobody cares about her broken past as long as she looks beautiful for the camera. This is the only life Ivy knows -- so when it starts to unravel, she'll do anything to hold on. Even if that means moving to the quaint island town of Greenbrier, South Carolina, to be the new face of her stepmother's bridal wear line -- an irony too rich for words, since Ivy is far from the pure bride in white."

This book was amazing. The story.....Wow. It is deep and there are parts that are hard to read as the characters struggle with some serious issues but it is amazing. There are multiple struggles that each character goes through together but they each see it very differently. For me, it was really neat to see how each one coped with these struggles.

There is a little romance in this book, but not a lot. There are a few curve balls thrown in there that I did not see coming.but they make the book even better. I like this book  because you can see each character at different places in their walk with God. You have a character that is strong in her faith, a character that went through a rough patch but came back to God, a character who is still struggling with God and a character that did not know God at all. To watch them all grow and develop was......well,  it was written very well.

This was a great book that I will definitely read again. Parts made me laugh and parts made me cry. I found answers to some of my questions and also feel more inspired now that I have read it. I like the title and feel that it fits the book well. The only thing that I would change is the cover. It is nice, don't get me wrong, but it is not very eye catching. If I saw this book in the store, I probably would not pick it up. In fact, the only reason it caught my attention is because I have read some of her other books and her name caught my eye.

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment