Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Portrait of A Dead Guy



Portrait of A Dead Guy by Larissa Reinhart

This book is a typical cozy mystery. There is nothing scary or too intense. There is some mystery and some romance with some witty characters and of course a woman (Cherry) who can not help but put her nose right in the middle of a murder mystery.

To me, parts of this book were a little creepy (like a dead guy falling out of a coffin on Cherry) but it was not overly bad. I do not like to read details about a dead person so a few scenes kinda freaked me out to be quite honest but once we got past those scenes the book got better for me. I thought the mystery was good and kept me guessing and I was a little surprised to find out who was the murderer.

One thing I liked was the ending. I will not give details but it was not a typical ending and for that I am grateful. The author was really good at being descriptive and getting me into this book. I would love to read more of her books.

So if you have read this book, who would you chose? Luke or Todd? I am all for Luke. He sounds hot. LOL.

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment