Thursday, April 25, 2013

Wishing On Willows



Wishing on Willows by Katie Ganshert

A single mom (widowed) is raising her 3 year old son while running a cafe that has sentimental value to her in a small town. Along comes the wolf, aka Ian who is trying to buy her precious cafe so he can tear it down and build a condo. The town splits, half wanting to save the cafe, the other half in favor of the condo and the money it will bring in. But wait, there is also a ministry in danger of getting torn down! Can she save her own cafe and the ministry or should she give up and let them go? I am not going to tell you the details because it would spoil this book so you will have to read it to find out!

I really enjoyed reading this book. I felt every emotion Robin went through as she struggled with the tough decisions she had to face. As a single mom, I could relate to her parental problems (guilt from not spending enough time with her son, the pain of living everyday alone and raising a child alone, ect). She calls to God and feels like she is not answering her and feels even more alone and that is huge for me personally right now.

I have been in this struggle with God myself during the last few weeks so it was nice to read about someone else struggling. It seems like every book I read lately has been about perfect people in a perfect world so this was a great change of pace and leaves me wanting to read more of Katie Ganshert's work.

I DO recommend this book. It IS a Religious book but I thought there was a good balance. I think that someone who is not Religious could still read it and enjoy it.

Here is the First chapter if you would like to read it.

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment