Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What A Son Needs From His Mom


What A Son Needs From His Mom by Cherri Fuller.

I found this book very helpful. I will share a few of my favorite parts with you.

Weave prayer into everyday moments, the author uses examples like, when you drive by your child's school and see the yellow school zone sign, say a prayer for the teachers to have wisdom, when you pick up your son's shoes, pray that his feet will stay on the right path. Small prayers like that weaved through the day will help you get closer to God. I LOVE this. I have been trying to do it and it works. Very great idea.

Face to face communication. A boy wants his mom to LOOK at him while he is telling her a story, not just listen while she is doing a million other things. To me, that is hard because, well, life as a single mom requires lots of multi tasking. I listen to my son while he tells me about everything but I am also fixing dinner, working or doing chores. It is hard to find time to just sit and look at him while he talks. The Author also talks about not being on the phone as much and spend more time talking with your child. I am guilty there. I am on the phone alot and it is NOT fair to my son. I am going to try to work on that one more. When my son is older, he is going to want to be on the phone or computer all the time and how can I tell him no, if he grows up watching his mom do it? That is not going to fly!

I do love that this book helps you with all stages of a boys life from infant all the way through full grown man, married and out of your house. How to bring Faith into your son's life and how to nurture it. I would recommend this book to anyone who has a son of any age!

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment