Thursday, June 26, 2014

Bobbs and the Little Boy Meet Agnes by Diane Page



Bobbs and the Little Boy Meet Agnes by Diane Page

Have you ever had to move to a new city? Did your child have a hard time adjusting? What about having a new family move in next door, do the kids get together and become friends? In this book, Agnes moves in across the street from the little boy.  It is difficult because he does not know what girls like and she misses her old friends, but they work out the details and they learn how to become friends.

This book is sweet and I enjoyed watching them bond. I personally did not like the kiss at the end as my son gets in trouble at school if he kisses a girl (or boy) on the check, so we had to turn that into a lesson and talk about how much trouble they got into even though it did not say they did. If it did not have that last page, it would have been great. The lessons about friendship were wonderful and I can see this book helping kids that move or have new neighbors.

Review by my six year old son, Max- "This book was good but not as good as the first one (Bobbs and The Little Boy), that one was way better, but this one was good. I did not like it as much because Bobbs did not talk as much or seem to have much fun."

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment