Saturday, January 25, 2014

Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown



Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

This week I told Max to pick a book off his shelf to read again and review. This is the book he chose.

This classic bedtime book helps your child calm down and go to sleep by telling everything including pictures, toys and the moon, goodnight.

I LOVE this book (we own several copies including board books and paper books). It is one book that I read to every one of my classes before nap time and one my son and I still read (but now HE reads it to ME). The pictures slowly get darker giving the illusion that it really  IS getting later and is bedtime. This book is easy to read with a calm voice which of  course calms the child down as well! All around, this book is still just as amazing as I thought it was years ago.

Review from my six year old son, Max-"This book is cool because it all rhymed and was fun. I like that the end says Good night moon in the story and that is what the title is, that is really awesome. Some of the pictures are black and white and some are colored and I like them all."


No comments:

Post a Comment