Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Michael Recycle Meets Bootleg Peg by Ellie Bethel, Alexandra Colombo


Michael Recycle Meets Bootleg Peg by Ellie Bethel, illustrated by Alexandra Colombo

This book is easy to read with rhymes and eye catching pictures. It is short enough the keep my sons attention but long enough to not be a "baby book". To me, this book is great because of the illustrations. They are amazing, very colorful and bright!

The only thing that was concerning to me is that the kids worked hard and saved the fish, then turned around and ate the fish for dinner. Seems kinda wrong in my mind! My son did not seem to notice but I couldn't shake it. There are several of these books in the series so we will read some more of them and see if we like them more than this one.

Review from my six year old son, Max-"This book is awesome because the fish are pretty and the story is fun. I like that the whale was blue like a real whale and it was really big. I would read this book again!"

***This book was given to us by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment