Monday, September 16, 2013

Hijack In Abstract by Larissa Reinhart



Hijack In Abstract A Cherry Tucker Mystery (#3) by  Larissa Reinhart

Description from the publisher:
With a classical series sold and a portrait commissioned, Cherry Tucker’s art career is in Georgia overdrive. But when the sheriff asks Cherry to draw a composite sketch of a hijacker, her life takes a hairpin as the composite leads to a related murder, her local card-sharking buddy Max Avtaikin becomes bear bait and her nemesis labels the classical series “pervert art.”
Cherry’s jamming gears between trailer parks, Atlanta mansions, and trucker bars searching for the hijacker who left a widow and orphan destitute. While she seeks to help the misfortunate and save her local reputation, Cherry’s hammer down attitude has her facing the headlights of an oncoming killer.
After reading the first one-Portrait of A Dead Guy- I was very excited for the opportunity to read this book.  Boy was I surprised to find out this is number THREE!!! How did I miss number TWO-Still Life in Brunswick Stew- I will be going back to read that one ASAP!!!! There were some things referenced in the third book that I did not understand so I suggest reading them in order. You CAN read  them out of order, but then I think you miss alot.
Anyway, I LOVED this book! I did not want to put it down! Watching the relationships of all the characters grow was fun. There was excitement throughout and of course a big event at the end. Parts of it surprised me and caught me off guard and I always enjoy that! There were sad parts, happy parts, mushy love parts, mysterious parts and hilarious parts. You can't get much better than that!!!!!
***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review*** 

No comments:

Post a Comment