Monday, September 2, 2013

Sisterchicks Do The Hula by Robin Jones Gunn



Sisterchicks Do The Hula by Robin Jones Gunn

What is the best way to celebrate turning 40? Going to Hawaii of course! In this great book you can follow best friends, Laurie and Hope as they travel to Hawaii for the best vacation of their life. You can see how  they each become better friends and get closer to God as they learn about the history of Hawaii!

I thought this book was cute. There was no romance, no mystery, just girlfriends having a fun vacation but it was entertaining. I did not want to put it down because I was curious to see what happened next. I have not read any of the other Sisterchick books but I will have to find them now!

I really enjoyed  reading all of the fun facts about Hawaii! That is a state that is FAR away from where I live (Florida) and I will most likely never get there but who doesn't want to go and have that experience? LOL.  In this book there were historical facts as well as fun facts. The Hawaiian language was an added bonus as well. I feel like I learned a little something while reading but it was not forced learning if that makes any sense.

The last few pages of this book have pictures and little tidbits about Robin Gunn's real life friends in Hawaii. That was a super cute personal touch that I DID enjoy a lot.

The cover is cute and a little catchy. The colors are eye catching. This book is written well and is an easy read. The back cover is colorful and eye catching as well. I thought there were a good number of pages, not too many and not too few. All in all, it was a good book!

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment