Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Snatchabook by Helen Docherty

The Snatchabook by Helen Docherty and Thomas Docherty

Description from the publisher:
"Where have all the bedtime stories gone?

One dark, dark night in Burrow Down, a rabbit named Eliza Brown found a book and settled down...when a Snatchabook flew into town.

It's bedtime in the woods of Burrow Down, and all the animals are ready for their bedtime story. But books are mysteriously disappearing. Eliza Brown decides to stay awake and catch the book thief. It turns out to be a little creature called the Snatchabook who has no one to read him a bedtime story. All turns out well when the books are returned and the animals take turns reading bedtime stories to the Snatchabook."

This book is an adorable book about a book thief. It is full of rhymes and fun. While I personally did not enjoy the pictures (there was nothing overly special about them to me) my son LOVED them. He thought they were really cool.

The story line was fun and had a cute ending. The cover is fun and catchy. The characters are memorable.

Review from my six year old son-"I loved that the thief was so small because I thought he was going to be really big. I would read this book again because it was only a little scary but not really scary."

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***


No comments:

Post a Comment