Friday, September 6, 2013

Through Thorns I Thrive by Carla Lindgren Coates



Through Thorns I Thrive by Carla  Lindgren Coates

Description from Amazon:
"Growing up, Carla, and her family the Lindgrens, faced many challenges and hardships. Through a series of heartbreaking events, her self-esteem diminished and her feelings of inadequacy as a woman caused her to spiral into a deep depression. Battling obesity and infertility kept her in the depths of despair for fifteen long, agonizing years. Just at the time when she thought she would go over the edge, tragic events miraculously saved her from doing the unthinkable and created "the shift" she needed and gave her the hope and will to live again. Through her challenges and adversities, she learned her biggest lessons and was able to find joy and happiness. Through Thorns I Thrive is a story of a journey through hell, of heartache and pain, coming out the other side and finding heaven here on earth. It offers inspiration and hope that there is a way out of the darkness, and that love, for oneself, for others, and for God, is the answer and heals all wounds." To buy this book, click HERE

This was a surprising book to me. I was afraid it would be boring but it was fascinating! I was intrigued as she went through how she grew up. I enjoyed reading about her childhood and her family. As I read on I learned about her marriage and some of the struggles she went through. Parts of the book made me laugh and parts had tears rolling down my face.

Personally, I felt like this was written as if she was sitting here talking to me. She did not throw around big words or act obnoxious. It was as if we were sitting at a table with a cup of coffee while we chatted. For that reason, I really enjoyed her writing style alot.

The cover is catchy, simple but powerful. The title is fitting for this book. At the end of the book there are pages and pages of resources and other helpful information. I found all of this to be useful!

Thank you to Carla Lindgren Coates for sending me a free copy of this book in exchange for an open and honest review!!!


1 comment: