Friday, September 13, 2013

Slow Summer Burn by Elisabeth Barrett



Slow Summer Burn by Elisabeth Barrett

DEA agent and rich society princess.......what do they have in common? Not a whole lot but when Val and Cam get together sparks fly! Can they survive the secrets of his job? Can  they survive her snooty parents? I am not going to tell you, you have to read the book to find out, silly!

I thought this was going to be a typical romance book because that is how it started but I was pleasantly surprised. There was a little mystery and a kick butt ending! I enjoyed this book way more than I thought I would! I LOVE when that happens! It did start off a little slow to me but a few chapters in I was hooked and did not want to put it down.

As the oldest of 4, I always took care of my younger siblings. I can relate with Val in many ways and found his feelings about his siblings to be perfect. I loved both of the main characters, his family was great and as expected and so was her family. No one seemed fake to me, they were as portrayed exactly as I would expect them to be in real life. This book was well written, easy to follow and understand!

This is book 4 in the series and I want to go back and read the first 3. Obviously Val is the last of his brothers to find love and you can tell in this book that they are all happy with their women but I do want to find out their stories as well.

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

2 comments:

  1. This looks like perfect choice for summer read.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete