Monday, July 15, 2013

Courage To Change by Elizabeth Maddrey



Courage To Change by Elizabeth Maddrey

Every day people are getting divorced, the numbers are staggering. Phil's marriage was over because he turned away from partying and towards God. His wife, Brandi did not approve of that and filed for divorce. After much counseling, Phil got divorced, realized  that God still loves him and moved on with his life.

Enter Allison. Allison works with Phil and she has had a crush on him for years. They finally started dating but the real problems begin with Phil's past comes back to haunt them. Can Allison handle all the "Brandi Drama" or is Phil not worth it? I will not spoil the details for you but I would LOVE to know your thoughts. How much baggage can you handle in your boyfriend/girlfriend?

My personal opinion is that this book was great! The story was good and easy to follow, the characters were easy to love (except for Brandi of course-who we are supposed to hate). I enjoyed watching the relationship grow between Phil and Allison. There was a good bit of religious talk but it was not overwhelming.

I LOVED Allison's friends and their roles. The way they manipulated Allison and Phil was hilarious and very realistic to me. I can see myself pushing two people together JUST like they did!

I personally really liked Elizabeth Maddrey's writing style. My attention was captured at the beginning which is great! I was a TINY bit bored  at a point in the middle but the end........wow....... I was captivated! I was gasping, giggling, crying and....well.....the list goes on but alas, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

***This book was given to me in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment