Thursday, July 25, 2013

Not Guilty By Teresa Pollard & Candi Pullen



Not Guilty By Teresa  Pollard & Candi Pullen

In this book you have a Pastor's daughter who is pure and clean. She is in love and engaged to be married to the man of her dreams when she is raped by a masked man. As she falls into depression she finds out she is pregnant. This book goes through her struggles that come with rape and pregnancy and judgmental Christians but I do not want to give too much away so I will stop there.

My attention was hooked on page 2 and I did not want to put this book down. I brought it with me while I ran errands and if I had one minute, I would read a page. LOL. I wanted to have someone read it to me while I drove because I did not want to wait a second to find out what was going on! Even through the unrealistic parts, I was still intrigued and wanted to read more!

After Carrie is raped, the emotions and struggles she goes through are very realistic and believable  to me. She reacts the way I would expect. Her parents act the way I would expect a pastor and his wife to act. Joe.......... Joe was a little unrealistic to me. He accepted the pregnancy with open arms immediately, he did not hesitate or anything. I have never met a man like that. I am not saying he does not exist, I am just saying that I have not personally met him so it is hard for me to believe he would be THAT open and understanding.

The one thing I want to say to the author (and I would LOVE to know what all of you thought as well). The majority of this book (with Joe being the exception) was realistic and great. I loved the religious aspect but the end......... I was disappointed. Without giving too much away, I can say that I found the church scene to be very fake and unrealistic. There is no way any of it would have unfolded like it did and I felt let down.

All of that being said, overall I thought it was a great book and I will read it again and I do recommend it, but I will warn you, this is a very Christian book, God is talked about on almost every page so non believers would more than likely not enjoy it.

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment