Friday, July 12, 2013

Sole Witness by Jenn Black



Sole Witness by Jenn Black

Description from the publisher:
"Detective Davis Hamilton is struggling to balance his career and his personal life. The high profile murder case couldn’t have come across his desk at a worse time—his partner is so pregnant she’s about to pop, and the sole witness is not only a suspect herself... she’s Lori Summers, famous for surfing killer waves in equally killer designer bikinis, and known deep in his heart as the one who got away. 

Lori Summers decided the day Davis Hamilton dumped her for a society wife, that she didn’t need a man in order to be somebody. She lived up her daredevil career with glamorous international photo shoots until tragedy brought her back to her home town to face the past and re-think the future. Stumbling over a dead rap star wasn’t supposed to be part of that equation, and neither was running from a killer... right into the arms of the last man on earth she’d dare to trust."

Three words.....OH.....MY.....WORD.....I LOVED this book. From start to finish I was captivated. I thought about this book while I was at work, driving, eating, I mean, non stop thinking about it. I could not wait to get back to it and finish reading it.


The way this book was written was different than most. You know right away who the murderer is. There is no guessing. You even know WHY she did it, HOW she did it, ect. This story goes between the 3 key characters and shares their thoughts so you are going from one to the next. This is NOT confusing at all and actually made the story even better!

****************SPOILER ALERT***********

Unlike most books one of the main characters is killed. I was STUNNED to see that and NO I am not talking about the murderer. I mean, my jaw dropped when I read that part. I thought it made the book even more enjoyable. I know that sounds funny but it really did. It was a welcome surprise that REALLY made it hard to put this book down.

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment