Monday, May 13, 2013

Burly & Grum, Beyond The Forest



Burly & Grum, Beyond The Forest by Kate Tenbeth

Description from the publisher:

"Groblins live deep in the heart of the Great Forest and very few people know they exist.
Despite the fact Grum is only a young groblin his two brothers throw him out of his home and tell him he has to go away and prove that he’s brave before they’ll let him back. Grum decides that the best way to do this is to go and find a human and bring it back home.  Along the way he meets Burlington bear (Burly to his friends),  who takes him under his paw and together they go to town! They soon get into trouble and along the way discover cupcakes, carnivals, kittens and what humans are really all about. But will Grum manage to convince his brothers that he's brave?"
This book was cute and different. The story line was good but quite long. Sadly I was not impressed with it but I am not big on make believe animals and this story was just too strange for me. I am sure other people would like it though so do not take my word for it, read it for yourself and let me know what you think!
Review from my five year old son-"This book was boring but some parts were funny and there were not very many pictures."
***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment