Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Sky Beneath My Feet



The Sky Beneath My  Feet by Lisa Samson

Have you ever been lost and confused with your life and where it was heading? Have you ever questioned your spouse and his or her decisions? Have you ever had problems with your child that you did not know how  to handle?

In this book Beth is a Pastor's wife. Her husband Rick is struggling to make a tough life decision and goes to extreme measures to talk to, and hear God. When he abandons his family ad locks himself in the shed, his family struggles to understand and keep moving forward.

I found myself sympathizing with Beth as she struggles with her own identity. She does so much for other people  and feels as though everyone is watching her (she IS the pastor's wife after all). Her struggles are real and many of us have been through similar situations.

I found this to be a good book. Parts were slow and other parts were intriguing. I found myself reading faster to see if Rick ever came out of the shed. The end was pretty expected in my opinion. Since this  book revolves around a pastor and his wife, there is quite a bit of religious talk but it is not overwhelming.

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment