Friday, May 10, 2013

Though My Heart Is Torn



Though My Heart Is Torn by Joanne Bischof

Description:
   "Settling into a simple life in the majestic Blue Ridge mountains, Lonnie and Gideon O’Riley have finally found happiness after the rocky start to their marriage. The roguish bluegrass musician has fallen in love with his gentle wife and the God she serves, and Lonnie rests secure in his tenderness for her and their young son. A heartless ruse interupts their peace, bringing them back to Rocky Knob—and forces them to face the claims of Cassie Allan, a woman who says she is Gideon’s rightful wife."

This book is far from  my typical choice and I was pleasantly surprised. I was hooked in the first chapter and could not put it down. I found myself desperate to read the next page to see what happened to Lonnie and Gideon. 


Joanne Bischof did an amazing job writing this in my opinion. There were several scenes that felt SOOO real, I felt like I was sitting in the room with these characters and as I read the words, I had tears running down my face.  I could feel EVERY emotion that they felt and I was amazed with this writing. 


I loved the book until the last chapter. Don't worry, I will not give out details but I will say that I felt like it was lacking. It felt unfinished, like there could only be so many pages so it just stopped. I sit here disappointed with the last chapter after the whole book had me totally engaged. Maybe there is another book that picks up where this one left off? I don't know but I will have to look into it.


***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment