Monday, August 19, 2013

Fiery Secrets by Stephanie McCall



Fiery Secrets by Stephanie McCall

I am not gonna lie, I wanted to read this book because of the cover. The cover caught my attention and the title had me interested. So I requested this book. Funny thing though, the characters on the cover, are not at all how I picture Grace and Chris,  but alas, it still caught my eye.

In this book, Chris and Grace meet up by chance and hit it off. They  both have horrible events in their past that they are still struggling through and blaming themselves for. They start to lean on each other and learn to trust each other to combat their history. When you first start to see their past unfolding, you realize just how much each of them went through. Is it possible to move on or will they still let the past hold them back? I am not going to answer that for you, you will have to read it yourself!!!

Personally I thought the characters were great and believable. I was able to understand what they were going through and wanted to help them fight it. Was this book all lovey dovey perfect? No. They struggled alot and I really appreciated that, it definitely helped make it more realistic.

The end of this book was great. From the court date on, I was captivated and on the edge of my seat. I will not say more than that but I would love to know if you agree!

I would recommend this book to any Christian. There is some romance, a tad bit of suspense and a whole lot of growing in your faith and forgiving your past. You will not want to put it down!

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment