Friday, August 23, 2013

Runaway Groom by Sally Clements



Runaway Groom by Sally Clements

When I first saw this book, I wanted to read it immediately because the title caught my attention. Usually you read a book about a runaway BRIDE not GROOM so of course I was intrigued and HAD to read it. I am happy I did. I thought that overall, this was a great book.

Everyone has a past, some are worse than others. How we deal with it separates us and makes us who we are. Though we can not change our past, we CAN learn from it. To me it was interesting to see how Matthew and April were able to trust each other to learn what really happened so they could get over their past and help their family through it as well. I DO believe that April forgave Matthew too fast in the end and that part was unrealistic for someone THAT hurt but other than that, I believed the rest of the book!

I thought the characters were great and easy to understand and follow. You had ups and downs with Matthew, you loved April and hated June. I assume that is what the author wanted but I could be wrong. LOL

The story line was different and it was interesting to see how it played out. Was the ending predictable? Yes, very. But it was still a good read. I recommend it to anyone who likes a sweet and cozy romance!

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment