Monday, August 12, 2013

Lead Me Home by Stacy Hawkins Adams



Lead Me Home by Stacy Hawkins Adams

Shiloh is a Pastor's wife and she stays home even though her boys are all in school. Shiloh is feeling down and almost worthless when a great job opportunity falls into her lap.Through this job Shiloh has to confront her past and work through it. Will her family still support and love her after she tells them her horrible secrets? I am certainly not going to tell you, you have to read the book and find out!

For a full description, Click Here

For me personally, this book started out slow and it took me a while to get into it but as it got towards the end, it was really good. It was emotional and really pulled at your heartstrings. I felt like I was there with the family and at times forgot that I was reading a book and not actually there with them.

I thought it was a nice change of pace to go into a pastor's home, meet the family and find out that they are NOT perfect. I am tired of reading about perfect pastors and their perfect life. Their life is not perfect and they are not flawless so I enjoyed seeing the flaws here, it made it more realistic.

We have ALL done things that we are ashamed of. Whether we did them when we were young or did them yesterday, we ALL have our secrets and we ALL have a past. Knowing that God will not leave us helps most of us through that past but the truth is (despite what others always say) the past WILL come back to haunt you, just as it did to Shiloh. She had to come clean with her family. If you do something stupid, one day you WILL have to tell your family, especially if it affects them. I love how those parts of this book were written. The emotions that Shiloh and her family went through felt real. Her family was honest and not fake and I REALLY appreciated that!

Visit Stacy Hawkins Adams at StacyHawkinsAdams.com

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment