Friday, August 2, 2013

Severed Trust by Margaret Daley



Severed Trust by Margaret Daley

Drug problems in high school? Who has heard of such a thing? HA! We ALL have, am I right? This is a HUGE problem that is generally kept quiet. This book goes through a school facing  severe prescription drug problems. students are dead, parents are freaking out, the school board is upset and the cops are frantically trying to get to the bottom of things.

I LOVED this book. LOVED it. The real life issues were not glazed over. It was realistic and intense throughout. The author did not sugar coat things or try to make it less real and I appreciated that. I loved that she did not hold back and allowed important characters to be killed or hurt. That made this book even better in my opinion.

I was able to really understand these characters. I could feel their emotions, laugh with them, cry with them and really relate to each and every one of them. There were times that I thought I knew what was going on and then something happened to make me doubt myself. In this book, I did not figure it all out until the end and I LOVE that. This book kept me guessing!

I recommend this book to anyone who likes a light mystery with a touch of romance.

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment