Friday, June 7, 2013

Kiss Me Awake


Kiss Me Awake by Julie Momyer

Description from the publisher:
"Abandoned at birth, Jaida Martin sets out to find her biological mother, but when her search threatens to expose a prominent political figure’s past, she gets caught in the crosshairs of a ruthless murderer and becomes the pawn in a multimillion dollar conspiracy. Her troubles multiply when Spencer Gordon, the man she walked out on, shows up at her door unannounced, exposing her own past, and the heart she sought to keep safe from him is vulnerable once again. Will she find what she’s really looking for? Or will an unexpected betrayal and the deception that drives her destroy everything she has?"

This book was good! I was hooked at the beginning. It DID slow down a bit in the middle and I started to get bored but then it picked back up towards the end. I was shocked and caught off guard with the end. Parts of it I saw coming and parts I did not.  At the end, I could really feel Jaida's emotions and i thought it was written well. 

The cover was a little boring to me so I can say that if I saw this in the library, I would not have picked it up to read it but that is just me. Others may love it. What did you think of the cover? I would be interested to know if you would pick this  up or not.

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment