Friday, June 28, 2013

Perfecting Kate by Tamara Leigh



Perfecting Kate by Tamara Leigh

This book did not grab my attention at all, there was nothing exciting in it. I felt like there was no real point to it until the last part. As I started to read it I found myself looking at my own flaws and feeling bad about myself.

The fact that she dated Michael for so long when he wanted to change every piece of her appearance REALLY irked me and made me want to knock Kate upside her head. This set the mood for the book to be bad in my opinion. I had a really hard time getting into it and seeing it a positive light when it was such a downer.

The cover is a mix for me. I really like the colors. They stand  out and catch my eye but the rest of the cover is boring. If I had seen this in a bookstore, I would have pulled it off the shelf because of the colors but I would have put it back when I saw the front. Should I judge a book by its cover? No? Do we all do it? Yes. So Alas, it is what it is..

BUT, I do like to find positives in a book as well so here is what I found. The last hundred pages were good. They were more captivating and interesting. At that point I did not want to put the book down. I wish the whole book had been written like that! There was more content and more action. I was on the edge of the seat waiting to see what happened next.

Kate can never have kids. Wait, that is not the positive part! How she DEALT with it is the positive part. It was nice to read about how she struggles through it as a human, you know? Most books make it seem to easy but here she thinks about it daily and is haunted by it. I found that to be realistic and refreshing.

Now, with all of that being said, I am sure alot of you will really enjoy this book! It has great ratings from alot of people so please go out and read it anyway. I would LOVE to know what you thought about it! Please do not let me sway you. If you have read this book, please tell me what you thought. Did you hate it or love it? Why?

***This book was given to me by the publisher, Waterbrook Press in exchange for an open and honest review. ***

2 comments:

  1. Despite the slow beginning and the lack luster cover it sounds like the last part of the book had you enthralled.

    ReplyDelete