Saturday, March 16, 2013

And The Winner Is....



And The Winner Is.... Amazing Animal Athletes by Etta Kaner

In This book, there are two announcers, Walrus and Cockatoo, and they make the events fun and exciting. Oddly enough, I can feel their excitement radiating off the pages! They announce the line up of animals and tell you which race this is. There are facts about each animal you can read, then you pick the one you think will win, turn the page and see if you were right! As you read through this book you will learn which animal is the fastest, hops the highest, can pick up the most, and so on. You may think you know the answers, but some may surprise you! They certainly surprised me!!!!

This book is extremely cute in my opinion. You are feeding children information about animals in a fun and exciting way. I love that it includes humans and where they rank compared to animals.

This book is perfect for children who love animals and want to know more about them. It is also perfect for a teacher to use. You can easily expand on it. The pictures are great. All in all, I found it to be an excellent children's book!

Review from my 5 year old son- "This book was so cool! The animals were racing and there were even announcers! It was funny!"

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment