Friday, March 29, 2013

Clouds



Clouds by Robin Jones Gunn (Glenbrooke # 5)

Shelly is struggling with life. Her job is downsizing and she is forced to move back home with her parents. As she builds a relationship with her sister Meredith she begins to put her life back together slowly. She has memories of her true love, Jonathan and spends time thinking about him and wishing she had done things differently. She finally gets to see him again after 5 years but things are not the way she had hoped they would be. I will not give you any more details than that, you will have to read the book to find out why.

I thought this was a good book. The characters were easy to follow and understand. The story line was great. There is one scene where there is a guest speaker who talks about religion and I thought that was very well written. I felt like I was there at the conference and felt all the emotion.

I also loved all the historic and German information. I learned a bit in this book and that was a pleasant surprise. I was sad that most of the book did not take place in Glenbrooke but it did end there with characters from previous books and that was fun!

One negative thought-I did feel like this book was a little slow. A little hard to get into. There were no big events, no mystery or real drama but it was still interesting  and sweet and I am very glad I read it.

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***


No comments:

Post a Comment