Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sex & Money: Pleasures That Leave You Empty and Grace That Satisfies


Sex and Money: Pleasures That Leave You Empty and Grace That Satisfies by Paul David Tripp. 
Are you behind on bills? Are you lusting after someone? Do you buy alot of material things? Do you have sex outside of marriage? Do your thoughts revolve around sex and money all the time? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this book is for you.

One thing the Author said is that alot of people have sex to hear those 3 little words- I love you- While going from partner to partner, you find out that you are still not feeling loved. If we all focus on God and make him the center of our world and give HIM our heart, our life will be better and we WILL be loved. This is a great point and anyone who feels this way should read through the book as he DOES expand on this!

"No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other or he will  be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money." (Matthew 6:24) Glad to see this one in the book, I can not hear it enough!!!!!

My personal opinion for this book is that the first chapter really caught my attention and had me eager to read it but I quickly became disappointed. I felt like that Author had some good information but he said the same things over and over again and I got bored. I have heard all of this information before and was really hopeful that this book would talk more about how to live in TODAY'S world in God's way. I think we could all use some pointers to keep us from succumbing to peer pressure in regards to sex . I would also love to know how you live when you do not make enough money to pay the bills?

***I was given this book by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***





No comments:

Post a Comment