Friday, March 1, 2013

This Morning Sam Went To Mars



This Morning Sam Went To Mars, A book about Paying Attention by Nancy Carlson.

What I liked: Since my son DOES have a hard time paying attention, this was good for him to see that other kids have the same problems and some nice ways to fix it. Eating healthy, sleeping more, ect.

What I did NOT like: The dad brought the child to the Dr. I do not think the dr should have been brought in and I had a hard time explaining why the boy went to the dr for something like not focusing.

This book is cute but I highly recommend that you read it BEFORE you read it to your child. I did have to cut a few sentences out when I read it, for example, it says to ask the teacher to move your desk away from the window. My son does not have that option at his school, in fact, his whole elementary school does not have that option. The kids sit where the teachers put their desks. Period, so I did not want to put that thought in his head, so I chose to skip that part when I read it to him.

Overall, it was a good book with great illustrations. It kept our attention and my son got something out of it!

Review from my five year old son- "That book was really good. I liked all of the parts."

****I was given this book by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review****

No comments:

Post a Comment