Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Secrets



Secrets, Glenbrooke Series #1 by Robin Jones Gunn

When I first looked at this book, I was not really sure what to expect. I was not overly excited to read it, nor was I putting it off. But I picked up this book this morning, yes I said this morning and I was intrigued on the first page. I am not kidding! Within the first two pages I was 100% hooked on this book. I will not tell you why, as I do not want to spoil it for you, but I will tell you that my attention was caught completely and I did not want to put this book down.

The Author did an amazing job setting this story up and playing it out. This is a Christian book but it was not overly "churchy" to me. I did not feel like she was forcing God on me but at the same time, I felt myself getting caught up in the story and reflecting on my own life and walk with God. There were some great points throughout the book and I could feel myself relating with the main character, Jessica. How many of us struggle with our Faith? How many of us question God? I am not one that develops relationships/friendships easily and I do not like to let others help, so it was interesting and helpful to see Jessica struggle with the same issues and how she worked through them. Reading this story brought me a little closer to God and for that I am grateful.

After sitting here and reading this book in one day while juggling the daily chores of a mom, I find myself desperate to get the next book in this series (it is called Whispers in case you want it too!) I want to know what happens with the other people who live in Glenbroke! If I could, I would go and by the whole series tonight. This is a series I would LOVE to add to my bookshelf and I highly recommend it.

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment