Saturday, March 9, 2013

My Happy Life



My Happy Life by Rose Lagercrantz
This is a chapter book about a girl named Dani that has to go through some tough times. Her mother died when she was younger (although it only touches on that a little), her best friend moves away and she has small daily decisions to make at school. Can Dani stay happy through all of this or will she lose her happiness?

I thought this book was cute. My son and I really enjoyed it and read it all in one sitting. The thing  I personally like is that that Dani's dad is a single father. You do not see that much in print so I appreciated that. This book was told by Dani so it is written like a six year old talks. That confused me at times and made it hard to read but my son really got into it. He laughed out loud several times!

Review from my five year old son-"This book is a little bit cool and I really liked Meatball!" (You will have to read the book to see who meatball is!!!)

All in all, it was a cute book and I enjoyed reading it.

***This book was given to me by the publisher for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment