Monday, March 18, 2013

Love No Matter What




Love No Matter What, When Your Kids Make Decisions You Don't Agree With by Brenda Garrison

Every parent worries about their kids. We all worry about those teen years when we know we will lose control and our precious perfect little children will grow up and step into the real world. They will hate us and think we know nothing. How can we help them through that and make sure they are making good decisions? How can we as parents get through it knowing that we did everything we could? My son is only 5 but I know time will fly and we will be in that situation before we know it. That is why I wanted to read this book.

I found this book to be interesting and helpful. While I am not yet there, I found some useful information and some great ideas to help me NOW so that I am ready for later. I also loved that the Author's daughter Katie helped and put in her own side of things. That was interesting to me.

What I did NOT like was the positioning of the stories. There were some great stories about other kids and the things they went through and how their parents dealt with it but instead of going through the whole story, she did part of it and then came back to it in a later chapter. She did this with multiple families and I got confused. I am very lost on who was who. I loved the stories being in there because that makes it more real however I wish each story had been completed before another one began.

I also liked that she told us where the kids are today. Not kids anymore obviously, but it is kinda neat to see how they grew up. I also like all the questions in the back. Would be perfect for a small group discussion.

All in all, this was a good book. I will hold onto it and read it again when my son is closer to the teen years!

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment